Chipotle and Maple Sweet Potatoes
This sweet potato and maple syrup purée gets a savory kick from the smoky ground chipotle pepper and dried thyme.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" chunks
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a large saucepan, add sweet potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, return to the pan, and purée with an immersion blender. Stir in butter, salt, pepper, chipotle, thyme, and maple syrup.