Chipotle Tomato Sauce
Try this southwestern take on the classic Italian tomato sauce on spaghetti squash or as salsa on a southwestern dish of choice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8–10 hours. Stir before serving.