Chipotle Veggie Chili
The aroma of this chili will bring everyone to the table. It’s loaded with vegetables, earthy beans, and a hint of smoky spice from the chipotle.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium summer squash, sliced
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and summer squash 5 to 7 minutes until softened. Stir chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder, tomato paste, and salt. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and broth. Bring to a light boil and add corn. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve topped with cheese and cilantro.