CHIPS AHOY! USA Cupcakes with “Cookie Dough” Icing
With a fudgy body, cookie top and cookie dough-flavored icing, these cupcakes are light, fluffy and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Serves: 20Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 26 CHIPS AHOY! Team USA Limited Edition Cookies, divided
- 1 package (18 to 20 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons red, white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop 6 cookies; set aside. Line muffin pan with 20 paper cups.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 10 minutes. Immediately top each cup with 1 cookie. Continue baking 10 minutes, until toothpick inserted into tops of brownies comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and salt. Gradually add milk, mixing well. Spread onto brownie cupcakes; top with sprinkles.
- Store frosted brownie cupcakes in refrigerator.