Chive and Cheese Omelet
Chives can be purchased year-round and will keep in the freezer for long periods of time.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives, divided
- Beat the egg whites and egg in a small bowl. Mix in the salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over low heat. Pour the egg mixture in to coat the surface. Cook until edges show firmness.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons cheese evenly over the egg mixture, followed with 3 tablespoons chives. Fold one side over the other. Flip the folded omelete over to evenly cooked. Transfer to a plate and top with remaining cheese and chives.