Asian dumplings are delicious stuffed with this combination of chives and tofu.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup finely diced firm tofu
- 1 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 package wonton skins
- Combine tofu, chives, sugar, all but 1 teaspoon of the egg white, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling onto a wonton skin. Use your finger to moisten the edge of the wonton skin lightly with a bit of the remaining egg white. Fold the edges of the skin together to form a pouch or triangle shape. Seal edges together by pinching tightly with your fingers. Repeat with remaining filling and wonton wrappers, making as many dumplings as filling allows. Place them on a plate dusted with cornstarch.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a rapid boil. Boil the dumplings in batches. Serve hot.