Chocolate Almond Biscotti
These twice-baked cookies are so easy to make--and everyone loves them!
Serves: 20Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped almonds
- ¾ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add to egg/sugar mixture. Add vanilla extract. Mix in almonds and chocolate chunks.
- Spray 3 loaf pans nonstick cooking spray. Divide batter among the three loaf pans. Bake 40 minutes or until firm in the center.
- Cool biscotti 5 minutes, then remove from the pans. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Cut the loaves into 1" slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake 10 minutes on one side only.
- Cool and serve.