Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups mini chocolate morsels
- 1¾ cups sliced almonds
- 1½ cups butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" × 13" × 2" pan. Spread chocolate morsels evenly over the bottom and set aside.
- Spread the almonds in a shallow pan or on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven, shaking occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 2½-quart saucepan. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture registers 300°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in 1½ cups toasted almonds. Immediately spread the mixture evenly over the chocolate morsels in the pan, being careful not to disturb the morsels. Quickly sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup almonds.
- Let cool at least 1 hour. Remove from the pan, break into pieces, and store in a tightly covered container.