Chocolate Banana Fondue
Milk chocolate or Toblerone can be substituted for the semisweet chocolate chips. Use 4 100-gram milk chocolate Toblerone bars and adjust the cream as necessary.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large bananas, divided
- 2½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. water
- ½ cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 apples, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vinegar and 1 mashed banana to a boil. Continue to cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until the bananas and vinegar are full blended. Stir in the sugar and allspice. Set aside.
- Combine the cream and semisweet chocolate in a metal bowl and place over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Melt the chocolate on low to medium-low heat, stirring continuously and making sure it doesn’t boil. When the chocolate is melted, stir in the banana mixture.
- Keep the fondue warm on low heat while serving. Serve with sliced apples, remaining bananas, sliced, for dipping.