Creamy and even more delicious than classic buttercream, this recipe is packed with chocolate and easily adaptable.
Makes: 2 cupsHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 2 cups
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter, cut in ¼" cubes
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream, chilled
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer on a medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Add the cooled melted chocolate. Add the cream, continuing to beat for 15 minutes.