Chocolate Cake Batter Ice Cream
This is a great way to enjoy the taste of fresh cake batter and homemade ice cream. It’s easy to do with an ice-cream maker. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or both! Top with fruit or sprinkles for an extra-special presentation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup devil's food cake mix
- Whisk milk and sugar together in a stainless steel mixing bowl until well incorporated. Add whipping cream and vanilla extract. Continue to whisk.
- Slowly add cake mix, whisking to avoid lumps. Put mixture in an ice-cream maker and continue according to manufacturer’s instructions.