This chocolate cake is moist and incredibly delicious.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot, strong coffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottoms of 2 round cake pans (9 inches), line with parchment paper, then grease and flour the parchment paper.
- Whisk together cocoa powder and hot coffee until combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and scraped vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Turn mixer to low speed and alternately add flour mixture and coffee mixture to the bowl with the butter and sugar, starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down the sides. Beat for 20 seconds more on medium speed.
- Portion batter into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until cakes spring back when lightly touched.