Chocolate Cake Waffles
Turn ordinary waffles into a dessert phenomenon! Pile them high with fresh berries for breakfast or serve with a big scoop of ice cream and all the fixings for dessert. These waffles will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 weeks for a quick and easy dessert! Freeze in airtight containers and thaw for 1 hour before serving.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 34 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips or chunks
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup of batter in a preheated waffle iron. Cook waffle according to manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.