Chocolate Candy Cookies
Chewy cookies, studded with colorful candy, make every day a celebration.
Serves: 40Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. unsulphured molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 8 oz. M&M chocolate candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer on a medium-high speed. Add the sugars, molasses, and vanilla, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl before each addition. Adjust your mixer to a medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Adjust your mixer to a low speed. Slowly add the flour mixture until lightly blended. Fold in the chocolate morsels and M&Ms.
- Using a scoop with a 1-inch diameter or a teaspoon, place mounds of batter on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Cool on the pans for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling racks.