Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
One for the record books—one of the most delicious desserts in the whole world. Either bake as a banana bread, or use a muffin tin, and fill muffin cups 2⁄3 of the way full.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix baking soda and sour cream and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add bananas. Add the baking soda-sour cream mixture, and mix for 10 seconds. Add flour and baking powder slowly. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Place batter in a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.