Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
The only thing missing from unsweetened applesauce is several scoops of sugar. The flavors are almost identical, so save the calories and always choose the unsweetened variety.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp. banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, Splenda, salt, and chocolate chips in a large bowl and stir well. Add remaining ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan.