Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Chocolate lovers rejoice as New York-style cheesecake gets a chocolate kick in this addictive recipe.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 11 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 lbs. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 3 large eggs, warmed to room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, warmed to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2½ cups chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line the bottom of a 10" springform pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven to help keep the cheesecake moist while baking.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract, using an electric mixer on a medium speed, until fluffy. Add the eggs, egg yolks, and lemon juice, beating until smooth. Adjust your mixer to a medium-high speed and beat for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips over the crust in the prepared pan. Pour cheese mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Bake on the center rack (over the pan of water) for 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 250°F and bake for 1 more hour. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack. When cool, top with remaining ½ cup chocolate chips, cover, and refrigerate overnight before serving.