Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Sandwiches
If you would like to make this dessert even easier, just serve the cookies as dippers for the cheesecake filling!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chips
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the sugar and butter. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well to combine, then add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until it forms a uniform dough, about 30 seconds. Transfer the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk, wrap well, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide in half. Place one half on a work surface lightly dusted with flour and return the other to the refrigerator. Roll the dough out to ⅛" thick and cut the dough with a 2" round cookie cutter.
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet leaving ½" between each cookie and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are firm to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, add the whipped cream. Whip on medium-high speed until it forms soft peaks, about 2 minutes. Transfer the whipped cream to a separate bowl and chill.
- To the work bowl add the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining vanilla. Beat until the cream cheese is soft, about 5 minutes, then add the whipped cream back to the bowl and whip for 20 seconds to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips, cover, and chill for 1 hour.
- To assemble, scoop a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the bottom of a cookie, and top with a second cookie. Repeat until all the sandwiches are made. Chill until ready to serve.