Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies can also be made with chocolate chunks instead of chips. Other variations include white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, pecans, or toffee bits. This dough can be rolled into a log, wrapped in plastic, and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
Makes: 24 cookies
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; combine well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing by hand with a wooden spoon to combine into a smooth dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using two spoons, drop dough in mounds onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake cookies 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.