Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Warm chocolate chips are the ultimate comfort food. Match that sensual flavor with moist buttermilk cake for a home-baked sensation. Choose chocolate chips with a higher cocoa content for a richer taste.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) chocolate chips
- 1 tub (12 oz.) chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, and oil, blending completely with an electric mixer. Gently and evenly fold in chocolate chips. Fill each baking cup halfway.
- Bake 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.