Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy-melting semisweet chocolate chips are perfect for baked goods.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease one muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vegetable oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder, mixing well. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until the mixture is just combined and still a bit lumpy (do not overbeat).
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with muffin batter. (If you have leftover muffin batter, refrigerate and use within a few days). Bake the muffins for 20–25 minutes, until they turn a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.