Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
The only thing better than soft-baked chocolate chip cookies are soft-baked chocolate chip cookie sandwiches filled with fluffy peanut butter mousse. These cookies are so soft, they’ll melt in your mouth!
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cup chocolate morsels
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat ½ cup butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla together. Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk baking soda, salt, and flours. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gently stir in the chocolate morsels and chia seeds. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, about 1" apart. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Move the cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Beat remaining butter, peanut butter, cream, powdered sugar, and peanuts together in a small bowl.
- Top half of the cookies with a spoonful of frosting and top with remaining cookies.