Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Feel free to add a little extra chocolate or pecans to this pie. Chopped white chocolate would also be lovely here.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, sugar, corn syrup, coffee liqueur, vanilla, flour, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well.
- On the bottom of the pastry crust, evenly layer the pecans and chocolate chips. Pour the filling over the pecans and chocolate.
- Place the filled pie on a baking sheet and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the filling is golden and puffed all over. Allow to cool for 2 hours before serving.