Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Cupcakes
Everyone loves to guard a secret ingredient. This one is surely a treasure. No one will guess that soda pop is the magic-maker in this moist cupcake. Sprinkle just a dusting of cocoa powder on these cupcakes for a decadent extra touch.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 egg whites
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) red velvet cake mix
- 1 bag (12 oz.) bag chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 oz). lemon-lime soda pop
- 1 tub (12 oz.) ready-to-spread sour cream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Combine egg whites, cake mix, chocolate chips, and soda in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until a smooth batter forms. Pour batter into baking cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.