Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
They might not be elegant, but they certainly are a comfort food. Who can imagine a family celebration that doesn’t incorporate this all-time favorite?
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 packed cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated before adding the next egg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in 3 additions, mixing just enough to incorporate after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool the pans for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.