Who wouldn’t love classic chocolate chip cookies cradling their favorite ice cream? Delight your children with this delicious treat.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1½ sticks)
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 generous cups flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream butter and all three sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to butter mixture until well combined. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion cookie dough in golf ball–sized mounds onto baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.
- When cookies have cooled, place in an airtight container and freeze solid. When frozen, place about ¼ cup of your favorite softened ice cream on the bottom of one cookie, then press the bottom of another cookie into the ice cream. Repeat until all of your sandwiches have been made. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.