Chocolate Chip–Zucchini Bread
You will never know that there are vegetables in this yummy bread or that it’s wheat-free. It’s a perfect way to sneak vegetables into those picky children!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 tsp. wheat-free baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and applesauce. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the bread comes out clean.