Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Moist and dense, these double-chocolate muffins are full of hearty whole-grain goodness and subtle banana flavor.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray lightly with oil and flour. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling cups about 2⁄3 full. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving to ensure paper liners release easily from muffins.