Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mexican vanilla is a strong vanilla available in many stores. Regular vanilla extract can be substituted by adding an extra
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ Tbsp. Mexican vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients; add to butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 8–10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.