Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Need a chocolate fix? So simple to make, these chocolate chip muffins will satisfy your cravings in no time.
Serves: 14Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another medium-sized bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then whisk in the butter, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry using a rubber spatula. Just before batter comes together, fold in chocolate chips. (Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.) Divide batter among the muffin cups (¼ cup of batter per cup).
- Bake muffins until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.