Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
For really magnificent cookies, feel free to add chopped walnuts or dark chocolate chips— just a little healthy antioxidant thrown in.
Serves: 14Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 oz.) chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugars. Mix well. Add egg, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate and continue to beat. Gradually add flour until batter is smooth.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on a baking sheet. Using a teaspoon, drop large teaspoons-full of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 10–15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.