Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Chewy butterscotch-flavored chocolate-chunk brownies are called blondies, and taste great out of the icebox.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl using a stiff wire whisk, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and cream together using an electric mixer or by hand until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the eggs, working each 1 in completely before adding the next. Scrape down mixing bowl; add the flour mixture. Beat just long enough to incorporate. Mix in chocolate chunks. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool at room temperature at least 1 hour. Cut into 36 pieces. Will keep refrigerated for 1 week or in freezer for up to 6 weeks.