Chocolate Chunk Cookies
By cutting up a chocolate bar you will often get a better-quality chocolate and can control the size of the chunks in the cookies.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks; chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by large, rounded tablespoonfuls on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 15–18 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to finish cooling.