Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream
Using several different kinds of chocolate is the secret to the depth of flavor in this easy recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped (1 oz.)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- In heavy saucepan, combine milk, egg yolks, and sugar and beat well. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped chocolate; cook and stir until chocolate melts. Add cocoa and chocolate syrup; stir until blended and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, and salt. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, stir in heavy cream, cover, and refrigerate until very cold. Freeze according to ice cream maker’s instructions.