Chocolate Coconut Bars
Savor the rich chocolate and sweet coconut in these tasty bars!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large large eggs, divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut, sweetened, divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Empty cake mix into large bowl; add butter and 1 lightly beaten egg. Mix until crumbly. Press down into an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan. Mix sweetened condensed milk, remaining egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in 1 cup coconut, nuts and 1/2 cup morsels. Spread coconut mixture on top of the cake mixture. Layer remaining coconut and morsels on top; lightly pressing down.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Cut into bars.