Chocolate Coconut Cake Bars
This cake bars make a quick treat whenever the craving strikes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 9 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla, divided
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup coconut ghee
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, salt, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Mix coconut flour and baking powder; whisk into batter, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased 9-inch square pan; bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Set cake aside and allow to cool.
- In a high-powered blender or coffee grinder, mix 2 cups coconut sugar and tapioca starch. Process until you have a fine powdery confectioners’ sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut ghee and cocoa powder, remaining vanilla, and confectioners’ sugar; mix until well blended. Add coconut cream; beat with a beater until fluffy. Icing should be smooth and not too thick, so that it can spread easily. If icing is too thick, add a little more coconut cream.
- Remove cooled cake onto a plate; cut into bars and frost using a metal spatula. Sprinkle grated coconut over the top.