Chocolate-Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
Chocolate cookies are great as-is, but the addition of coconut elevates these thumbprint cookies to a whole new level of yum. Once baked, the coconut makes a toasted and tasty addition.
Serves: 18Cook: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 (16.5 oz.) roll Pillsbury™ Sugar Refrigerated Cookies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coconut pecan ready-to-spread frosting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Using hands, stir or knead in 4 oz. chocolate and the flour until well blended. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate one half until ready to use.
- Shape remaining half into 18 balls. Place coconut in shallow dish; dip half of each ball in coconut to coat. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place balls coconut sides up 1 inch apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Immediately make indentation in center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Fill each indentation with 1/2 tsp. frosting. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 2 oz. chocolate and the oil uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate can be stirred, completely melted; drizzle over cookies.