Chocolate Coconut Truffles
You can use plain white coconut from a bag or box to give these truffles a snowball look. Or toast flaked coconut in the oven just until lightly browned, then chop finely in a food processor.
Serves: 60Hands-on: 1 hourTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- ⅔ cup cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 lb. white chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 Tbsp. cream of coconut
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. milk chocolate
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup flaked or toasted coconut
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Whisk in corn syrup. Remove cream from heat. Finely chop white chocolate and add to hot cream a small amount at a time, stirring until completely melted.
- Cool white chocolate mixture completely. In a large bowl, cream softened butter with coconut extract and cream of coconut. Slowly whisk cooled white chocolate into butter mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, place dollops of white chocolate-coconut mixture onto a parchment or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until hardened, at least 2 hours.
- Chop milk chocolate into small pieces. Combine with cream in a saucepan. Over low heat, melt chocolate into cream. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Using wooden skewers, dip truffle centers into melted milk chocolate . Roll dipped truffles into coconut and place on a baking sheet. Keep cool until ready to package or serve.