Chocolate and Coffee Semifredo
Don’t eat this dish late at night; the caffeine will keep you up!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. cold brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. sweet butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground coffee
- Whip the cream with the brewed coffee until soft peaks form. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Place the sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and slowly add the water. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and cook until the mixture reaches 240°F.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the salt and pour the corn syrup mixture into the bowl. Whip for about 5 minutes, until it reaches room temperature.
- Fold in the chocolate, butter, ground coffee, and the chilled whipped cream. Pour into two 6-ounce ramekins and freeze overnight.