Chocolate Con Ron
This festive hot chocolate includes rum for an added kick. Top with whipped cream and garnish with chili powder for an adults-only favorite.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 7 minutesTotal: 12 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 orange rind
- 8 ounces ABUELITA™ Hot Chocolate
- 2 ounces Bacardi Gold Dark Rum, divided
- Kroger Brand Extra Creamy Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ancho Chile Powder, divided
- In a small deep pot or saucepan, bring water and orange rind to quick boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until aromatic and water turns light yellow, about 5 minutes. Discard rind.
- Add chocolate to water. Continue cooking at medium heat, whisking continuously until mixture is thick and frothy, about 2 minutes.
- In 2 clear cups or mugs, divide chocolate and rum evenly. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle of chili powder.