These elegant treats are so easy to make at home, you’ll never buy them again. Chocolate-covered strawberries are a classic favorite; substitute an equal amount of another fresh or dried fruit, from sliced banana to dried apricots, if desired. For an extra-fancy treat, sprinkle the freshly dipped strawberries with colored sugar or sprinkles, or drizzle with melted white chocolate.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl or mug. Microwave 1 minute, then remove and stir constantly until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Dip each strawberry into chocolate, then place on the waxed paper. Let strawberries rest at least 10 minutes to harden. Strawberries may be refrigerated and are best consumed within a day.