Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins
Chocolate, cream cheese, and crunchy walnuts work together to make this home-baked muffin a sweet, rich favorite.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 container (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups. Set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions. Fill muffin cups ½ full.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix evenly.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the batter in each muffin cup. Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Frost cooled muffins with cream cheese frosting.