Chocolate Cream Pie with Salted Caramel Drizzle
No one has to know this bakery-like pie was whipped up in your kitchen (and took only 20 minutes to make)!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 9" pie crust, baked
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup Salted Caramel Topping
- In large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together egg yolks and sugar. Mix in cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt; gently add milk.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool slightly, then pour mixture into pie crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt caramel topping in microwave. Garnish pie with whipped topping; drizzle with caramel topping.