Chocolate Crinkle Top Cookies
These soft, chocolaty treats split slightly when baking, giving them their distinctive “crinkle top” trait.
Serves: 24Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups (12 oz.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave 1 cup morsels on HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave in 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat together granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Stir in remaining morsels. Cover; refrigerate just until firm.
- Shape dough into 1½" balls; roll in powdered sugar. On ungreased baking sheet, arrange balls.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.