Chocolate-Dipped Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
These are hearts you’ll love to break. Brown sugar shortbread cookies are shaped into hearts and dipped into dark and white chocolates.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer on a medium-high speed. Add the brown sugar, beating until fluffy. Adjust the mixer to a low speed and slowly add the flour until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or leave them uncoated.
- Lightly dust a flat surface with flour. Roll each mixture of dough to a 1⁄3-inch thickness. Cut 1 1⁄2- or 2-inch cookies using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheets and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool.
- Melt the chocolates separately in small bowls. Cool to room temperature. Line baking sheets with waxed paper. When the cooled cookies and chocolate are approximately the same temperature, dip half of each cookie in the dark chocolate, white chocolate, or bittersweet chocolate. Refrigerate for approximately 5 minutes until set.