Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Coconut macaroons are a classic favorite treat anytime of year.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 3 cups coconut, freshly grated
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, whisk egg whites, salt, and coconut sugar until dissolved, being careful not to cook egg whites, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in almond extract, coconut flour, and grated coconut. Cover and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Using a tablespoon, drop coconut mixture by spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely, and remove from baking sheet. Replace parchment with a fresh sheet, and set aside.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt baking chips with coconut oil; mix well.
- Dip each coconut macaroon halfway into the melted chocolate, one at a time. Return macaroons to the parchment-lined baking sheet; chill until chocolate is set.