Chocolate Dulce de Leche
Have all the ingredients of this recipe ready before you start the dessert. Donʼt refrigerate when you are done or the fudge will be too thick to spread.
Makes: 2½ cupsHands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 2½ cups
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Stir cocoa in 3 tablespoons hot water until dissolved.
- In a saucepan, cook evaporated milk, condensed milk, and cocoa over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and you can barely see the bottom of the pan, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the butter. If the fudge is too thick, add a little whole milk to thin it. To serve, place the fudge in a saucer and use it to fill and frost cakes or cupcakes, or serve over ice cream.