Chocolate Fig Bread
Save to My Recipes
Dark chocolate and figs are especially complementary in this bread when it is served warm.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cup chopped dried figs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" × 5" loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Whisk together melted butter, egg, milk, and chocolate syrup. Stir wet ingredients into dry, and mix until batter just comes together. Fold in chocolate chips and figs.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes, until risen. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue cooling on a rack.