Chocolate Fudge Pie
This pie is delicious on its own, but add a dollop of whipped cream if you want to balance out its rich chocolaty flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, light brown sugar, and corn syrup. Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla, and cocoa powder and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Serve slightly warm.