Chocolate Grand Marnier Mousse
This dessert is very rich, so servings should be kept small.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until it melts (do not let the water touch the bowl filled with chocolate). Put the egg yolks into another bowl and pour the melted chocolate over them; whisk to blend thoroughly. Add the Grand Marnier, brandy, and cream; mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until medium peaks form. With a rubber spatula, fold this mixture in thirds, very slowly and carefully, into the chocolate cream so that it is completely combined but still light and fluffy.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.